Pages

Monday 16 December 2013

Production Log #15 - Starting My Double Page Spread

9th/10th December 2013
Over the past 2 lessons, I have been mainly updated and improving my magazine pages, however this week I've been focusing on my double page spread. 
I completed my final look of my front cover and contents page. I decided to focus on my double page last as the easy task of these pages would be adding the article text by just copying it from where I wrote it and then paste it into the columns. 
I have taken a decision that I will be making 2 double pages and 2 pages of photos which will have box outs and additional to text related to the article. 
On the first page of my double page spread, there is an introductionary page of my artist with a caption to support it. 
I had quite difficulties at the beginning of the lesson becuase the software was not working for me as my texts boxes where being rearraged just after I opened it. When I opened up the document, each box was overlapping meaning I had to arrange them the way I needed to, this took me 10 minutes to solve out.

I copied and pasted my article which I already had typed up on a word document and I also had a back up on my blog. I made the quotes bold  which were within in the text so that it could be slightly eyecatchy in the text instead of have the same standard block text. 
I decided to have a pull quote on the first page of the article.

On the 10th December 2013, I continued to add all the essential components of the article into the page, which slowly started to build up the magazine 'exclusive' article.As you can see from both images, I have made a big progress in the first double page article of my magazine. I've added more text, and replaced the text 'Pull Quote' with a quote taken from the article. I had to think about which quote to pick so that the reader will be interested into reading more into finding out why they artist said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment