Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

Production Log #2 - Producing My Preliminary Task

16th September 2013
In today's double lesson I completed my preliminary task, which was to create a front cover and contents page of the school's magazine. 
I went on Adobe InDesign and opened up my document as I continued to edit the pages. On the front cover I made many changes which include changing the name of the magazine to 'The Haydon Zine'. I decided this to be the name of the magazine as it's easy to recognise as well as being a catchy name which is suitable for the theme and genre of the magazine. I thought of using the Haydon colour scheme which consist of navy blue, white and gold. I adjusted the sizes of the words with 'Haydon' being the biggest and centred in the middle. 
I carried on with the front page by adding sell lines, all of the sell lines are linked about Haydon. The sell lines took me about 5 minutes to include however I had issues in placing them in the front cover as some letters would camaflouge into the main image or it would cover the main image however this's issue was solved by changing colours or just adjusting the sizes. Some sell lines have images to support it so that the front cover has just more the one image and more focus to other well lines instead of the main headline. I then continued in creating my contents page, I placed an image of a jigsaw puzzle which shows a Haydon school value, I made the image slightly transparent. 
The contents page lines include articles about the school's current construction going on, the new canteen and careers which also includes the students and the teachers views on them, information on the new system of the schools and results day for a-level and gcse students.  This task took me a while to do as I didn't get to finish it off in class so I had to complete it in my free time. With each contents page line there is an image and a page number in the bottom right corner of the image. 
I believe that today's lesson was a successfull lesson as I got a lot of work done and gaining more confidence in using InDesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment