Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

Production Log #7 - Generating Name Ideas For My Magazine

14th October 2013
In this lesson I had to be creative and think out of the box so that I can generate name ideas for my magazine. I had few names in my mind which I had to write them down as soon as possible. I decided to write down the different name ideas in different colour, after looking at synonyms of different words like 'Vibe', 'Melody' and 'Dynamic'. I tried to think of many different types of names like a compound name, Acronym, or phrase. However I had more connotative words than other types of names. After this task was completed, I took a picture of it and uploaded it onto my blog with a short paragraph informing what I did in this task,

After this task was accomplished, I went on to 'dafont' to find some fonts which will be suitable for my magazine and be a perfect masthead. I downloaded at least 10 different kinds of font, all which are sans serif. Sans serif is a more effective font which stands out more on the page. I opened up Nexus Font, which was a new application for me, inserted all the fonts which I downloaded into that application, in which then I got a preview on what each font would look like.

Next I started off doing the 'masthead designs' on InnDesign CS6. I started off doing 3, each being a different font, different positioning and different shades of purple. I have to do at least 10.

From this task I have gained more confidence in using different types of font as well as being more creative with name ideas for the magazine. I had a struggle at first in thinking of names/words however slowly I started thinking outside the box and got more word which actually associated with 'R&B'.

No comments:

Post a Comment