Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Colour



R&B magazines are mostly aimed at both Males and Females, and is usually made clear on the front cover, so that the buyer is sure that the magazine is for him/her. The colours that they usually use are dark colours, such as: Dark Purple, Black and Dark Blue. This explains to the reader that the R&B genre of magazines are not gender-biased, as they are presented with dull colours, which in some ways would appeal to both genders as it is a mix of colours for both.
This task was done in Adobe InDesign. I started off by drawing a box and filling it with a colour. I started off by filing few boxes in Black. Then I duplicated the box and changed colours. I mainly aimed for dark colours.I created a minimum of 5 colour schemes.
(From left to right going across)
Colour Swatch 1 - Grey, Black, Purple and White. This colour scheme mainly has dark colours, and in R&B magazines dark colours being used are popular. Purple was a definate colour which I was going to use in my magazine.  There are many colour which would contrast with purple, for example Yellow and Bright Blue however I couldn't use these colours as I want my magazine to have dark colours as it is a R&B magazine.
Colour Swatch 2 - Black, Burgandy and White. This colour scheme is my least favourite as I don't think the colours I have picked relates to the genre 'R&B'. There is a possibilty that I won't be using this colour scheme.

Colour Swatch 3 - Grey, Burgandy, Purple and White - This colour scheme has got few dark colours and few light colours so they can contrast well together. The Masthead would be Purple and then a dark tone image as the front cover image, then burgandy could be used for the main sell line and then white could be used to for the sell lins around the page.

Colour Swatch 4 - Grey, Black, Blue and White - This colour scheme can a back up colour scheme just in case the colour scheme I want to use (Colour Swatch 5) doesn't go well. There will be more focus on the Blue and Black however as R&B has dark colours to represent them. This is why I can incorporate grey into the colour scheme.

Colour Scheme 5 - Grey, Navy Blue, Purple and White - This is the colour scheme which I have finalised to use. I like the contrast between the Navy Blue and Purple and the Grey. White is also a nice colour which fits into the colour scheme very well. I believe that this colour scheme will represent the music genre 'R&B' very well due to the dark colours and the familar colours used in R&B

This task can aid in my final product as it will give my an idea on what colour scheme I want on my magazine which will be constant in all pages. The colorus which I have planned with 5 different swatches all represent the music genre I have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment