Pages

Monday 18 November 2013

Production Log #11 - Completing Scaffolding of Contents Page

 

11th/12th November 2013
 


On Monday’s lesson I started to finish of ‘scaffolding’ my contents page. I positioned the boxes of where I wanted to place my images and text. I also learnt a new skill which was learning how to 'fill text with placeholder', this process is an easy and quick method into placing text which is not relevant but is a substitute of where your text will be. ‘Fill Text with placeholder’ shows a clear sign of where text will be placed and if I am not satisfied with it then I can move it.
Later on, after completing the scaffolding for my contents page, I exported it as a JPEG and then blogged it with a brief description of my template of the contents page and how it will look.
As I had done the contents page subheadings I thought of starting to progress my contents page slowly by substituting all the text to my contents page subheadings and the real page numbers. (ScreenShot)
This task took me the around 30 minutes to complete as I was only copy and pasting, the only time consuming issue was placing the numbers not too close to the sub heading and to make it even.
As I have come to the main part of the coursework, I have become more organised into which lessons I need to do what task, and using InDesign CS6 more frequent has got me in much confidence now.

No comments:

Post a Comment