Pages

Monday 25 November 2013

Front Cover Template

 
The image above is my front cover scaffolding of my magazine. This will help me stick to my layout of my magazine, and as I don't definitely know what is going to feature on my front cover yet, I’ve just labelled the key conventions and where it will be placed.
I have decided to put my masthead on the top of the page as it needs to stand out as the name of the magazine needs to be the first thing a reader needs to see. I decided to keep the font sans serif and have the masthead in the base colour of my magazine’s colour scheme – Purple.
I also chose to put my main sell line of the magazine at the bottom however it’s placed on the left, this is because a reader’s eye will always catch the left side first due to the way we read left to right. At the bottom, I thought of having few artists names who will feature in my magazine, this is another way of engaging the reader to read my magazine as if they are not interested in other sell lines featured on the front cover then they can read the articles about the artists that have been mentioned. My magazine offers a wide variety of articles of different artists for my target audience.
The cover sell lines will surrounded my main image on the front cover, as I haven’t done my
photo shoot yet, I will make sure that when it comes to adding the image, I will make sure the sell lines fits and does not overlay the image. The cover lines will be short, so that it can make the reader read on or find out more.
The heading in the blue box will have the text 'Exclusive' and 'unmissable', this will make the reader more into the magazine and wouldn't want to miss out on the current 'unmissable news'

No comments:

Post a Comment