Pages

Sunday 10 November 2013

Production Log #10 - Templating Magazine Pages

4th/5th November 2013
In Today's lesson, we started off templating our magazine pages in InDesign CS6. InDesign CS6 was used to construct my 7 page magazine which include the front cover, double page contents page, double page for the feature article and a extra double Page if I wanted to carrying on with my article or do dedicate the double page spread to a special feature which features an image and only a limited amount of text. 
The only tools used for templating the pages were the text and shape tools which I knew confidently how to use. I started off templating my contents page as I am very confident in what my contents page layout will look like. I used the square block as a substitute for the images as I'm haven't done my photo shoot yet, and I as I haven't done my contents page lines yet, I had to substitute the text to anything random so that I know what box represents what. 
Due to the power cut I lost all my current work I did on InDesign, so I had to draw out my layout ideas onto paper, this was a great advantage for me as then I could scan them in and post in on my blog as part of the planning my magazine with sketches and ideas for the layout. This kept me a step ahead on how to layout my pages.
I got the chance to start my scaffolding on InDesign again, however I didn't waste time in thinking on where to put where as I knew what I was doing as I already had sketches on what I wanted my magazine to look like. 
I also thought about the colour scheme I wanted to use for my magazine. I made swatches of the primary colours and the secondary colours of my magazine. The primary colours include Deep purple, Dark Navy, Black and White. Secondary colours include baby blue and grey.
I enjoyed doing this task as it was very quick to do, and when I complete all my planning task and do my photoshoot, I can confidently start editing my magazine and making it to the standard it need to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment