Pages

Saturday 30 November 2013

Production Log #13- Building Up My Front Cover Template

25th/26th November 2013
On Monday’s lesson I completed off producing my contents page by adding in all the subheading of the contents pages and all the important keyu featuees of the contents page. This task was very time consuming as it was hard to align the text and the numbers next to each other; however I persevered and got there eventually. For my contents page all I have to do is add the images which I would like in my contents page. As I haven’t done my photoshoot yet, I have to leave the black boxes there as the template of the image.After this task, I thought to start off building up my front cover, but before I could do that, I blogged my contents page process and spoke about what I substituted in the place holder text. 



On the front cover, I started to place all the cover lines I wanted to include. My homework for this week was to write all the cover lines that will feature on my front cover. This made half of the task very easy to do as I only had to copy and paste the cover lines and place them where I desired. I have one main cover line which is positioned at the bottom and is on the left, this is because we read from ‘left to right’ and that is the ‘sweet spot’ of the magazine which the audience will be caught attention too, after looking at the image.
On Tuesday I carried on with my front cover, I made a lot of progress on my front cover since the scaffold/template design of my magazine. 

The first image shows the first idea I had for my magazine, and then the 2nd image shows the other layout which I prefer. This shows that I have been making process by experimenting will different styles, layouts and tools to achieve this progress. 








This task has got me thinking on where I should position everything on my front cover as we need to consider on how I can get the attention of a reader on my magazine and make them want to buy it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment