Pages

Sunday 3 November 2013

Production Log #9 - Improvements To Existing Tasks (Promotional Methods, New Media, Props and Costumes)

Half Term
During the half term, I completed all the work which were ‘0’, I also got the chance to finish off uncompleted work and make improvements to turn a ‘3’ into a ‘4’.I started off by doing my promotional method and new media task, as they both link into each other well I decided to do it in one power point. I talked about all the possible promotional methods used in the industry and how I can apply those promotional methods when it comes to promoting mu magazine. I decided that I am advertising my magazine on bus stops, train stations, on billboards as well as on buses and inside trains. These places are always popular due to the amount of people who see those advertisements and may be under the influence of buying the magazine and reading it. As my target audience would use public transportation more it if possible they would see the adverts and buy my magazine. I also talked about on how the industry would do their best to give their magazine a good name and have a great start off. To promote my magazine, there will be a launch party in which will promote my first issue of the magazine. Readers can get a chance to attend the party and meet the feature artist just by entering a competition via Social Network Site (Twitter and Facebook), by means this is a good way in making the magazine name popular slowly on the popular social network sites. My magazine will be controversial as user would see the tweet and the competition and would want to enter. For New Media I wrote about how technology has changed and how my magazine can have the chance to be a digital magazine in which more readers can access quickly and easily. The more the magazine is updated with the technology the more easily it can be for them to stay connected with the readers. This task got me thinking on how promotion and new media can boost up my magazine sales and readership.

I also got the chance to complete another task which was the props and costumes. I wrote about how costumes will be effective and which types of costumes my model/s will wear for my magazine and how they will represent that certain genre of music. I went in detail on how accessories, footwear and make up can also be effective. I spoke about on which props I wil use for my shoot. I will be using musical props like a microphone and an amplifier to make sure that the magazine looks like a music magazine to a certain extent and not be mistaken as any other magazine, for example; A Fashion magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment