Pages

Saturday 23 November 2013

Sketches

FRONT COVER SKETCH

This sketch portrays my first draw up sketch of what I visually want my magazine to look like. I have placed the masthead on the top of the page as that is the common place of where a masthead goes. I have decide to use a Mid Shot Image for my Front Cover however this idea can change depending on how the images turn out in the photoshoot, also it has to fit into the front cover, meaning I need to make sure that around the image the cover lines are visible and presented neatly to appeal to the audience.
The Main sell line is going to be on 2 banners which go across the page. This will make the main sell line look more visible, and it's the sweet spot of where readers would expect to find the main sell line. The main sell line will consist of the feature artist's name, supported with a short introductory text and an interesting quote from the article. The other cover lines will be around the image, all in similar fonts but in different sizes. At the bottom I have planned to put 3 artist names which fall in the music genre of R&B. This is to appeal more to the readers to buy the magazine as they may like an artist and read about them instead of the feature artist. 
The '+' category is placed on the left. Reader's naturally read from left to right commonly look at the left of the page more this is why I thought of placing the group of text there.

CONTENTS PAGE SKETCH
 This is a rough sketch of the idea of what I want my contents page to look like.
I have thought of following this type of layout as It looks busy and not so over complicated. I thought to place the Contents page in the middle of the page in order for it to be visible for the reader. I thought about putting an artist index and an editors note, as I've seen with many contents pages in existing magazines, there is some sort of editors note to make the page more professional.


ARTICLE DOUBLE PAGE SKETCH

The double page spreads sketches are a rough idea on how I want them to look. For the first double page, I am thinking of having an image supported with text, which will be the introduction of the artist. There will be a title of the article. There will be box outs on the 2nd double page spread so that reader doesn't get put off with the amount of text.

ARTICLE DOUBLE PAGE 2 SKETCH

No comments:

Post a Comment